MidNite Solar KID 30 Amp MPPT Charge Controller
MidNite Solar KID 30 Amp MPPT Charge Controller
Made in the USA
The KID is the most versatile medium sized charge controller on the market. Ideal for small renewable energy systems. The KID allows for true input paralleling. As your power needs grow, add more modules to the array and a second KID. This will give twice the power from a single array.
THE KID IS CERTIFIED TO UL1741 & UL458 (MARINE SUPPLEMENT)
With the UL458 marine supplement, THE KID meets very strict vibration, environment, and thermal requirements.
Comes standard with wall mounting bracket. Model number MNKID-B for the Black standard and MNKID-W for the White standard version. Standard versions can be cut into the wall for a flush mount assembly and also come with a surface mount wall adapter to mount on the wall.
AGS (Auto Generator Start)
The Kid is the first charge controller in the industry to feature a two wire Automatic Generator Start (AGS) as standard equipment. The KID detects when the generator is running by simply watching battery voltage over time. No extra wires or voltage sensing is required making installation a snap.
The Kid has a fully adjustable intelligent lighting controller built in. It can turn lighting on at dusk for a select number of hours, turn it off for a length of time and then back on for a programmable number of hours before dawn. All time functions are fully adjustable, allowing users to save valuable energy. An additional feature in the lighting controller allows you to adjust the voltage needed on the PV module for the Kid to register "daytime". This is important if you are using the Kid for a solar street light and the lights are located above the PV modules. Most controllers would end up leaving the light off all night, but not the KID!
The KID's HyperVOC feature allows up to 162VOC. (The KID will not be harmed by voltages between 150 and 162VDC (this is the HyperVOC range). The KID will remain in standby until the voltage is 150v or below.
- Now includes AGS (Auto Generator Start)
- MPPT Tracking
- Type 1 environmental rating
- True paralleling - Inputs and Outputs for two KIDs
- Up to 150V input
- MidNite's exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Lighting Controller: dusk-dawn, hourly, day, night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output with low input voltage based off of PV configuration
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Battery Temp Sensor (MNBTS) standard with marine version only.
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper.
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (Boat mount bracket included on marine versions)
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
- Warranty - 2 yrs.
- Use the MidNite Solar KID sizing tool
|Operating Input Voltage||150VDC|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V through 48V|
|Maximum Output Current||30A|
|PV Open Circuit Voltage VOC||150VDC + HyperVOC (162VOC)|
|HyperVOC (See below)||Extended VOC range for cold climates|
|Charging Regulation||Bulk, Absorb, Float as well as Equalization|
|Battery Voltage Range||9V to 64V|
|Equalization Charging||Adjustable Voltage and Duration|
Battery Temp Compensation
|Automatic when BTS is installed, Adjustable mV |
per degree C per 2 volt cell
|Programmable Auxiliary Control Output||1-I/O communication port|
|Whizbang Jr. Communication Port||Yes|
|Status Display||LCD plus status LEDs|
|Network Cabling||Standard 4 conductor phone cable, no hub needed|
|Communications||RS232 openly published protocols and USB|
|Load Terminal||30A configurable as battery load or wind clipper|
|Wind & Hydro||standard on the WIND KID MPPT Charge Controller|
|Operating Temperature||Min of -40°C to 50°C - Controller will auto derate |
as temperature rises above 25°C
|Environmental Rating||Indoor IP52 type 1 (IP53 with drip shield)|
|Conduit Knock Outs||2|
|Dimensions||9.5 x 6.6 x 3.4 inches|
|Shipping Dimensions||12 x 8 x 6 inches|
|Certifications||ETL for US & Canada, CE Certified, FCC Class B, CSA C22.#107.1|
|True Paralleling||Inputs and Outputs between 2 units with smart |
active current sharing
|Battery Types||Flooded, AGM, Gel, Calcium SMF, Lithium BMS, Custom|
HyperVOC: a non-operative VOC safety zone over and above the maximum input voltage for cold climates
- Size (LxWxD): 9.5 x 6.6 x 3.4 inches
- Weight: 6 pounds
Cabins, RVs, and General Use:
- MORE POWER - As your power needs increase, add an additional Kid and more solar panels to your array for twice the power from a single run of PV wires.
- AUTO GENSTART (AGS) - ?The Kid is available with a 2-wire Smart AGS. The Kid Smart AGS will start a generator and then monitor the batteries to ensure proper charging. If the AGS fails to charge, the generator will be turned off saving fuel. AGS is user adjustable.NOTE: Currently MidNite is shipping the KID without the AGS feature. To receive the AGS feature with your KID, request an AGS model when ordering. There is no extra cost for AGS.
- BATTERIES - The Kid ?can charge 12, 24, 36 or 48 volt battery banks. It supports charging traditional flooded, AGM or Gel batteries and newer technologies such as Lithium and Calcium SMF.
- LOAD CIRCUIT - A unique feature of the Kid is the load circuit. This versatile feature can be used for many purposes including running well pumps, electric fences, or billboard lights? in remote areas?.
- LOAD DUMPING - The Kid has a mode that allows excess energy coming in from the PV array to be diverted to run hot water heaters or other electrical loads. This feature ensures you get the most out of your Kid during times of peak energy production.
- CUSTOMIZABLE LIGHTING CONTROLLER - The Kid sports a highly customizable lighting controller. It can be set to turn on automatically at dusk, off at a specified time, and then back on at another preset time and off automatically at dawn. This is called Dusk Plus and Dawn Minus. Using Dusk Plus and Dawn Minus has the distinct advantage of saving battery power. This setting is great for accent lighting in residential areas or for running grow lights in greenhouses.
- LCD & LED MONITORING - All parameters of your Renewable Energy System can be monitored right from the LCD display.? LEDs indicate if your batteries have been fully charged in the last 2 weeks, numerical read outs show PV input and battery voltage, as well as state of charge.
- CURRENT SENSING MODULE - Add the Whizbang Jr, our current sense module to the mix and you have a complete State of Charge Meter.
- BATTERY TEMP SENSOR - The battery temperature sensor will help charge your batteries by adjusting the charge voltage depending on the battery temperature. ?The Kid marine version comes standard with a battery temp sensor.
- MARINE MOUNTING BRACKET - The Marine Kid comes standard with the marine mounting bracket and makes for a beautiful Kid co-pilot.
- COMPACT DESIGN - We understand space can be a struggle in a boat or RV. With that in mind we kept the physical design of the Kid compact without sacrificing performance.
- SEALED FOR HARSH ENVIRONMENTS - All Kids are sealed for harsh environments! IP64 Rating - Type 1