Missouri Freedom 48 Volt 2000 Watt Wind Turbine and VRD Classic MPPT Kit
The Midnite Classic MPPT Wind Board can almost double your wind turbine's output at every wind speed over relay or PWM charge controllers. The incoming power from the wind turbine is routed through its own breaker, then converted by one of the most advanced MPPT charge controllers on the market to the most efficient charging algorithm and charging amperage available.
This all-in-one pre-wired board connects to your battery bank, routed through a DC circuit breaker for added security and fire protection! This step is often neglected and is essential for installing to code.
Ideal for charging lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries! (Compatible with LiFePO4, flooded lead acid, and AGM battery types).
- 48 Volt 2000 Watt Freedom Wind Turbine featuring three Missouri Falcon blades
- 100 Feet 12/6 SJOO Cable
- All in One Pre-Wired Missouri VRD Midnite Classic Charge Controller Board
- MidNite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller
- Simply one of the most efficient Wind MPPT controllers on the market made in the USA
- The Midnite Classic MPPT Charge controller can nearly double the output of your wind turbine over standard or PWM charge controllers by using a 16 point customization MPPT power curve. It's like having a sports car with 16 automatic gear changes to get you the most power at any speed!
- Heavy-gauge galvanized steel mounting board with folded standoffs and pre-punched wall mounting holes
- All components are internally grounded to the board which allows for easy grounding, saving you hours of time and frustration.
- Two breaker boxes boxes pre-wired with the wind input breaker and battery output breaker
- Our custom breaker box houses a MidNite 100 amp double pole breaker on the battery side of the controller for safety that also serves as a convenient disconnect and one 150 volt MidNite PV breaker for the wind turbine input that also serves as a convenient separate wind turbine disconnect.
- Dual Wind Turbine Brake Switch and Dual Rectifiers
- Wiring is housed in electrical EMT conduit
- Plug and play: Simply bolt or screw the unit into the wall and make your wind turbine and battery bank connections (no crimping or heat shrink needed, just insert and tighten down)
- Two 8 foot heavy-duty pre-wired #4 gauge flexible battery cables with lugged & heat shrink sealed battery ends
- Perfect for residential or commercial, on grid or back up power, off-grid, and boat use
- MidNite Solar's pre-wired battery temperature sensor ensures batteries do not overheat in charging cycle (peel the tape and stick to one of your batteries)
- Maximizes performance for your inverter or charge controller
- Sensor is attached to a 15' cable
Wind Classic Charge Controller Capacity:
|MidNite Classic Controller||48-Volt Charging Capacity
(48-volt battery bank)
|Classic 250 MPPT
(250 operating voltage;
Max. current out.: 63 amps)
58.4 volts @ 55 amps
(3,212 watts of wind input power)
MidNite Classic Charge Controller Features:
- ETL listed to UL1741 and CSA
- Exclusive HyperVOC extends VOC limits
- 12-72V battery
- Built in DC-GFP and Arc Fault Detector
MidNite Classic Charge Controller Specifications:
- 14.9"L x 6"W x 4"D
- Warranty - 5 yrs.
- Listed by ETL for US & Canada
- CE Certified Listed
- FCC Class B Listed
- Made in the USA
- Download the Classic Quick Start Guide
- Download the Classic Owner's Manual
- Use the classic sizing tool
- View the Classic brochure
MidNite Solar Classic Charge Controller Warranty:
MidNite Solar offers an industry first, an extended warranty for all the Classic MPPT charge controllers. Six months prior to the end of the warranty period customers can ship their Classic back to MidNite Solar with a check for $147 dollars plus shipping and they will replace any wearable parts and do a general tune-up. This will extend the warranty by 2 additional years, another good reason to purchase a Classic.
If you are permitting any battery based system, the Classic is the only controller that has Arc fault integrated. That will save on a costly arc fault combiner.