SkyMax Energy Frontier PMG
SkyMax Energy Frontier 2000 Watt PMG
Assembled and supported in the USA, our Legacy and Frontier Wind Turbine PMGs are now designed with a keyed shaft and hub stabilizer as well as includes a self-tightening cam-lock washer to prevent the blade set from ever spinning on the shaft.
Our Frontier PMG™ permanent magnet generator is specifically designed for wind turbine use and can even be used with vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT).
- Produces battery voltage at approximately 266 RPM
- Produces twice (2x) the battery voltage at approximately 506 RPM
- Produces four times (4x) the battery voltage at approximately 960 RPM
This permanent magnet generator works best with our set of 9 Raptor Generation 4 Blades and Zinc Plated Hub or our large Falcon 80.5 Inch Diameter 3 Blade and Hub Set.
For wind turbine use only. For hydro, gas engine, and electric motor coupled use, see our Hydro PMG.
The answer is simply more copper! More copper equals more power - each Froniter PMG stator contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA.
Additional reasons why the Frontier PMG is better than ANY Delco or other modified car alternator PMA:
- Some modified alternators use power to make power. Frontier PMGs use no input power.
- PMAs use a thin aluminum housing and the stator is not pressed in. The Frontier PMG features a very thick aluminum housing with additional cooling fins and a pressed in stator that helps with proper alignment and durability.
- PMAs have only two mounting holes. The Frontier PMG has four of them bolted tightly against the mounting bracket for secure mounting.
- Alternators and some PMAs have a weak rear bearing. The Frontier PMG utilizes two heavy duty bearings.
- Most car alternators and PMAs that are repurposed use low grade/high iron electrical steel which can create a lot of heat. The Frontier PMG uses high grade electrical steel and is optimized for efficient cooling
Here is what our customers are saying:
"Finally tested one of the 2000 watt PMGs 12/24 , [at] 45km wind it put out [at] 1040 watts, [at] 70km wind 2084 watts, real power (ie in the hundreds of watts seems to kick in 25 km and above). Once winds are 27km and above it makes good power and quickly enters into serious power production. So turns out to be quite good."
- Fully assembled in the USA
- NO COGGING, easy to turn - CUT-IN SPEED IS 6 MPH
- Comes with two heavy duty rectifiers & one hub spacer stabilizer
- Skewed stator core with high grade electrical steel and heavy duty copper windings
- 17 mm stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs
- 2x thick polished aluminum case
- Zinc plated 28 rare earth neodymium magnet rotor
- For charging 12, 24, or 48 volt battery banks
- Specifically designed for wind turbines.
- Fits delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket.
- Comes with two bridge rectifiers
- 3/8" diameter bolt holes
- 1 15/16" on center between mounting holes
- 5 7/8" OD width
- 6 5/16" tall
- 9 1/2" overall length
- Shaft thread & size: M17 - 1.25 (M=metric, 1.25 = metric thread pitch)
Saltwater environments will cause the internal components to rust over time. Our marine varnish service is applied over the the interior before final assembly. As our sold-separately PMA Coating can only ship by ground service and is restricted in some countries, Missouri Wind and Solar is offering an add-on service to coat the internal components before shipping. Prolong the life of your Legacy PMG by protecting it from the effects of saltwater environments. Please allow additional handling time when choosing this service.