SkyMax Energy Legacy 1600 Watt PMG
Assembled and supported in the USA, our Legacy and Frontier Wind Turbine PMGs are now designed with a keyed shaft and hub stabilizer as well as includes a self-tightening cam-lock washer to prevent the blade set from ever spinning on the shaft.
- Produces battery voltage at approximately 266 RPM
- Produces twice (2X) the battery voltage at approximately 506 RPM
- Produces four times (4X) the battery voltage at approximately 960 RPM
For wind turbine use only. For hydro, gas engine, and electric motor coupled use, see our Hydro PMG.
Why buy a Legacy or Frontier PMG over a Delco car alternator PMA?
The answer is simply more copper! More copper equals more power - each Legacy PMG stator contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA.
Additional reasons why the Legacy PMG is better than ANY Delco or other modified car alternator PMA:
- Some modified alternators use power to make power. Skymax Legacy PMGs use no input power.
- PMAs use a thin aluminum housing and the stator is not pressed in. The Legacy PMG
- features a very thick aluminum housing with additional cooling fins and a pressed in stator that helps with proper alignment and durability.
- PMAs have only two mounting holes. The Legacy PMG has four of them bolted tightly against the mounting bracket for secure mounting.
- Alternators and some PMAs have a weak rear bearing that wears quickly. The Legacy PMG utilizes two large heavy duty bearings to prevent heat build up and premature failure.
- Most car alternators and PMAs that are repurposed use low grade/high iron electrical steel which can create a lot of heat. The Legacy PMG uses high grade electrical steel that is optimized for efficient cooling.
- Fully assembled in the USA
- Rated to 1600 watts output
- NO COGGING, easy to turn - Cut in speed of 6 MPH
- Skewed stator core with high grade electrical steel and heavy duty copper windings
- 17 mm stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs
- 2x thick aluminum case with additional cooling fins
- 14 rare earth neodymium magnet zinc plated rotor
- No brushes to fail or replace
- Heavy duty bearings in front and back
- Compatible with delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket
- Comes with bridge rectifier
- 3/8" Diameter bolt holes
- 1 15/16" on center between mounting holes
- 5 7/8" OD Width
- 6 5/16" Tall
- 5.5" Total Length
- Shaft thread & size: M17 - 1.25 (M=metric, 1.25 = metric thread pitch)
- Optional Marine Finish*
Saltwater environments will cause the internal components to rust over time. Our marine varnish service is applied over the the interior before final assembly. As our sold-separately PMA Coating can only ship by ground service and is restricted in some countries, Missouri Wind and Solar is offering an add-on service to coat the internal components before shipping. Prolong the life of your Legacy PMG by protecting it from the effects of saltwater environments. Please allow additional handling time when choosing this service.