Solar Powered Stock Tank Deicing Kit (Battery Based)
Solar Powered Stock Tank Deicing Kit (Battery-Based)
Ideal for Livestock - Easy to Install - Just Add Batteries!
This winter, save yourself time and hassle with this stock tank de-icer. This battery based kit will run both day and night, providing aeration which agitates the water, keeping the surface from freezing over. There is no need for access to AC power, making this kit perfect for remote areas where grid power isn't available.
Our stock tank diffuser rings are designed specifically for this application. The aeration around the edges of the trough keeps the ice from forming a solid mass across the entire tank. Since cattle and horses drink from the edge of the tank, even if ice forms in the center, livestock are able to drink from the water supply.
The best part about this kit is that its components can be used year round. During warm months, the unit can be used for aeration of small ponds, promotion of clean water in the stock tank, or the aerator can be stored and the solar panels can be used to charge batteries for DC LED lights, electric fences, gate openers, etc. (Batteries not included.)
- (2) 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- (1) Pair of 10-foot Solar PV Connection Cables and MC4 Branch Connectors
- Double 100 Watt Solar Panel Top of Pole Mounting Rack
- Side of Pole Vented Water Resistant Steel Pond Box
- Midnite Solar MNBRAT 30 Amp PWM Solar Charge Controller
- Aims 180 Watt 12 Volt Pure Sine Inverter with USB Port
- Hakko HK-25L Linear air pump
- (10 feet) 3/8 Inch Weighted Thick Wall PVC Hose
- (1) Special Made Stock Tank Diffuser Ring
- Available in 2 ft, 5 ft, and 8 ft
- Contact us for custom size
- Hose Clamps, couplings, and connectors
- Instructions for assembly
The kit installs quickly and easily to a 2" galvanized post which can be purchased at any hardware store. We also carry the post in 7-foot lengths if you wish to order all of the pieces necessary at one time.